Opinions on Jins or J!ns

Getting the best value for your money when it comes to eyeglasses, sunglasses, eye exams, and contact lenses.

Postby Qizai » Sat May 27, 2017 7:59 pm

Has anyone gotten glasses from this Japanese company Jins? Their frames look stylish, the prices are low, they seem to be quick and convenient, and they have lots of 5-star reviews on Yelp. Plus, I like the fact that they have a lot of Asian fit frames. However, before I take the plunge, I would like some opinions from people who are knowledgeable about their lens and frames quality.
Qizai

Postby george » Wed May 31, 2017 10:10 pm

I don't know much information about the company, but they do seem to have generally positive reviews. I can't tell how many of the positive reviews are from their brick and mortar stores, and how many are from their online business. It seems they are one of the big eyeglass retailers in Japan and China and they decided to open some stores in the US around 2015. They basically offer relatively inexpensive glasses that are ready in under an hour - basically becoming a cheaper alternative to places like Lenscrafters. It seems that for $60-120 you can get frames, single vision lenses, anti-reflective coatings, and a case. For a brick and mortar store, this is very cheap. You can also get progressives, tints, or polarized lenses for around $80 more, still a very inexpensive.

Compared to online stores, like Zenni Optical, their prices aren't close. However, it seems they are providing a higher quality product. I can't say for certain, since I've never ordered from there.

So my opinion is - for brick and mortar - I'd definitely give them a go. For online ordering - I'm not sure I see enough of a quality advantage to give it a try.
george

Return to Eye Care