Replace lenses - Eyeglass Lens Direct or LensesRx.com

Getting the best value for your money when it comes to eyeglasses, sunglasses, eye exams, and contact lenses.

Postby Max » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:45 am

Post moved from thread on Eyeglass Lens Direct found here

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I was on google looking up reviews of eyeglasslensdirect and ended up on this forum. I am trying to replace lenses in my current eyeglass frame and have been trying to locate the best place. I just wanted to put up some information and get your guys feedback as it seems this is the only place that has an active ongoing conversation about this topic.

Ok, so my rx is od -4 -1x90 os -4.25 -.75x120 and I absolutely want 1.67 with transitions and crizal. My frame is a pretty standard versace semi-rimless frame, it's not high curved or wrap-around, whatever they call it. I have looked up as many places that can do lens replacements, which isn't many.

So I have LensesRx.com who's website offers eyeglass lens replacement 19.95 + 69.95 (1.67) + 69.95 (transitions) + 119.95 (crizal avance) free s/h and no extra cost Total $279.80

Then we have ReplaceaLens.com, from what I can understand $85 (1.67) + 65 (transitions) + $50 (some no name AR, the best one they offer) $5 s/h and $15 for semi-rimless Total $220

39dollarglasses.com only gave me an option for polycarbonate with their own AR and cost was $158.80 before s/h

eyeglasslensdirect.com has the lens for $232.00 + $10 for semi-rim when I clicked on show me shipping choices it didn't work, so I don't know what their shipping price is, lets assume its free. Total $242.00

So, to get the EXACT lens that I want only LensesRx.com and Eyeglasslensdirect.com have it.
LensesRx at $279.80 vs Eyeglasslensdirect at $242.00

I did some digging and was able to find a 15% off coupon (NEWS1) for LensesRx making my total $237.83, I was not able to find anything for eyeglasslensdirect.com

LensesRx.com $237.83 vs EyeglassLensDirect.com $242.00

I have never did this lens replacement thing before, so to me they both seem to offer the same thing (hope it's not the same company) LensesRX is in NY and Eyeglasslensdirect is in TX.

Please pick one for me or at least help me decide.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Max

Postby george » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:14 pm

It looks like LensesRx.com has a Better Business Bureau page located here. They have an A- rating which sounds pretty good. Overall online reviews seem mostly positive, but it is becoming harder and harder to sort out fake reviews these days.

Eyeglass Lens Direct has this BBB page. They have an A+ rating, which obviously is the highest rating the BBB gives.

These do not look to be the same company.

As to which one is better - I can't answer that at this point. If you do happen to go with one of these online retailers, please share your experience.

Have you considered checking with a local private eye doctor to see what he/she can do?
george

Postby Max » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Overall I feel like eyeglasslensdirect offers a more specific product line. I feel like its geared towards the customer who has a very specific taste in lenses and understands them in greater detail, more so than I. LensesRx, I feel like is tailored more towards the average consumer, I liked their simplicity in ordering. That, plus the fact they are close to me, so I should get everything back quickly. I decided to purchase from LensesRx and I'll post a pic and review of everything when it arrives.

Thanks for the feedback George, wish more people would of chimed in first. I still feel kinda shaky about this purchase, but a little more confident now.
Max

Return to Eye Care