Lenscrafter refused to return my prescription to me

Getting the best value for your money when it comes to eyeglasses, sunglasses, eye exams, and contact lenses.

Postby eps930 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:28 pm

BUYER BEWARE I recently purchased glasses at Oracle Road Lenscrafters but my lens prescription was not returned to me. I provided this prescription by way of my personal ophthalmologist, NOT a Lenscrafters employee/Doc. Two phone calls to Lenscrafters resulted in them promising to send me my property, or a copy, of the paid for prescription, but it never arrived. Today's third call resulted in their representative telling me I was out of luck and they would be keeping the prescription. My request for a copy of same was also denied. The greater problem is that recently after purchasing the eyeglasses I began to have significant vision problems and wished to have the prescription professionally compared with the actual lenses. However, Lenscrafters refused my request and told me they would not return my property, or a copy of same. BUYER BEWARE!

I will be seeing my opthalmologist, more $, next week in hope of regaining normal sight.

Eldon
eps930

Postby george » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:55 am

EPS930,

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with Lenscrafters. That is a bit surprising as they usually have pretty good customer service, which is part of the reason they can get away with such high prices compared to other options out there. I'm especially surprised that after you bought your glasses there that they were not willing to check the glasses against the prescription, since you are having vision problems. That seems like a pretty basic thing to do for a customer, and I would be aggravated too.

As for not returning the prescription you gave them - that does seem odd as they would have no reason not to give it to you. That should be a simple enough thing for you to get a copy from the doctor who did the exam, though. The two different Lenscrafters stores I've gone to for eye exams have always given me a copy of my prescription, but I had used their optometrist. I didn't bring in my own prescription.

If I were you, I would call and ask to speak to a manager. Explain that you purchased glasses from them, but you are having problems with your vision and you want to have the glasses checked against your prescription. If you try this, let me know what they say. I'd be surprised if a manager wasn't able to make things right.

Good luck!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:55 am.
george

Return to Eye Care