JeMoptical

Getting the best value for your money when it comes to eyeglasses, sunglasses, eye exams, and contact lenses.

Postby JerryM » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:21 pm

I was wondering if anyone here had experience with JeMoptical? http://www.jemoptical.com/prices.php
Their prices look pretty good.

Also, in our local newspaper there is an advertisement by Visionworks with a coupon for a discount based upon your age. It is for a complete pair of frames and lenses. Out of curiosity I may visit them this week and see what the price would be for 81% discount.

Thanks,
Jerry
JerryM

Postby george » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:30 am

JerryM,

Not a lot of helpful information about JemOptical. Their website isn't the most impressive looking, but it seems to get the job done. I'll have to do a more detailed follow-up when I have time to really look through their prices and offerings.

From information I could figure out now, the two most helpful sources are the Better Business Bureau and BizRate, but that information is limited.

From the JemOptical page on the BBB website, their file was opened with the BBB in December 2006, so they have been around a number of years. Interestingly, there is not a single complaint listed. That is unusual, but not bad. The BBB doesn't give them a rating, but not having complaints can only be viewed as a positive thing in my mind.

From the Bizrate page, the reviews seem mostly positive, but they only go back a few months. Perhaps they didn't have a Bizrate page before then.

Based on my preliminary review, it seems they are a reasonable place, if they have a product that you like. At first glance, the prices are definitely higher than a place like Zenni Optical, and probably more in line with the price at Costco or Walmart. They offer a wider selection of lenses compared to Zenni, but their prices are higher.

As to your comment about VisionWorks - I am curious how their prices are normally, if an 80% discount would really make for an inexpensive pair. I'm sure they must have some way to keep you from hurting their bottom line significantly. If you do go, I'd love to hear your experience.

I hope I have as much interest and energy (and memory) when I get to be your age (and hopefully I'll be alive at that age!).
george

Postby JerryM » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 am

Thanks, George. I googled Visionworks, and it was all bad. Just for the heck of it I think I will visit them and see what is there. I'll report back. Maybe after the gym today.
Jerry
JerryM

Return to Eye Care